Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Since you are building an animation studio, are you planning to move to LA?

I get asked this and related questions when I tell people that I am building an animation studio, in VIRGINIA.  There are skeptics who have told me, "You have to pay your dues to make it in the industry." "All the creative energies are out there!"  "To make it big, you will have to be in either LA or NY."  (and my favorite), "if it is such a great idea, why hasn't someone else done it?"  I can't even respond to that except to say, DUH! It's called VISION! Sure, it will take some hard work, ingenuity, hard work, outside the box thinking, hard work (get the picture).  There are amazing artists, animators, writers, actors, directors, composers, (need I go on?), right here in the DC Metro area and I plan on capitalizing on that talent.  It is time for a paradigm shift.  If a man and a few friends with a dream can build it in their garage, I can build it in my basement.
But to put one question to rest, NO, I do NOT plan to build theme parks.  Although, I do plan on building an amazing stable on the studio grounds!
Letting my imagination be unlimited!
Char

No comments:

Post a Comment