Sunday, October 4, 2009

Walt & El Grupo-A must see documentary

My husband and I just got home from watching an amazing documentary about Walt's visit to South America in 1941. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg-0vPvd16E) What an inspirational documentary. I loved how they made the images come alive with the 3D effect. There is a quote in the film that rings true to me, "life likes those who like life."
What inspired me most was the team Walt took with him. From Charles Walcott, who absorbed the music of the culture, to people like Mary Blair, Norm Ferguson and of course, Frank Thomas. Walt and his team seemed to immerse themselves into the textures, colors, flavors and sounds of South America. So if I can encourage any of you who aspire to work in the animation industry, experiment with color, medium and techniques. Paint, draw, sketch everything around you. If you write, write everything. Find the stories in the little things, even the drop of water on a leaf. If you are a musician, injest the sounds around you and let the melody tell the story. Dream and live the dream.
Until next time, let your imagination be unlimited. Best Char

1 comment: