Thursday, July 29, 2010

2D Animation, Something Old and Something New

Blue and red pencils, animation disks, paper, pens, hours of drawing.  I look though books with pictures of the old "masters" and watch the extras of "Backstage Disney" I wonder, is there still room for the old?  I sure hope so. I believe there is room enough in this world of entertainment for various forms of filmmaking.  Live action is necessary for many stories, CGI is great, for some stories, but 2D or hand drawn has to hold a place in the hearts and minds of audience around the globe, don't you think?  Well, I do.  As a matter of fact, I am banking on it.  I mean it, my husband and I have put EVERYTHING into this belief, this dream.  And what I love is that everyday I meet (either virtually or in person) young artists who have the same belief or dream.  

So, as Studio Kinate moves forward, we will be looking for the stories to produce and the talent to bring those stories to life.  After all, isn't that what animation is all about?

No comments:

Post a Comment