Sunday, September 19, 2010

What is the Meaning of Success for You?

The other night I watched the 2009 movie, Fame.  I'm not going to get into the shortcoming of this film I really want to talk about success.  There is a dialog near the end of the movie that inspired me. Here it is:


There are some things success is not; it's not fame, it's not money or power. Success is waking up in the morning so excited about what you have to do that you literally fly out the door.  It's getting to work with people you love. Success is connecting with the world and making people feel.  It's finding a way to bind together people who have nothing in common but a dream.  It's falling asleep at night knowing you did the best job you could.  Success is joy and freedom and friendship .. and success is love.


I needed to be reminded about what is MY meaning of success and it comes down to the fact that I LOVE animators.  I love their passion and their ability to create worlds from imagination.  I love that they can take still images and make them move with such graceful flow, that it boggles my mind.  I love the unlimited possibilities that are just around the corner for Studio Kinate and our family of artists.  And despite what may seem like setbacks to me, are perfect timing for what will be. I love the success that comes each day even when it is hard for me to see it. 


Studio Kinate is our success story.  


Until next time, believe that YOUR imagination is unlimited and you will fly!
Char 



1 comment:

  1. Char- I love this film quote and your uplifting messages on following your dreams and being creative. It really does come down to doing what you love and helping others do what they're passionate about along the way. I love the new site by the way. Thank you for your constant encouragement and inspiration! -Chrissy

    ReplyDelete