Monday, September 19, 2011

Lion King's Success NOT 3D

I just got done reading an article about the success of Lion King 3D and it infuriated me.  Okay, I will admit to going to see it NOT because I wanted to see it in 3D but because I wanted to see it.  We took our 10 year old grand son, who enjoyed the film but kept taking off the glasses because they were giving him a headache.  I watched parents with younger children, letting them watch the film WITHOUT the glasses because little ones don't like to wear them thus frustrating parents and the youngsters.  


SO, Disney, WHY?  Why waste time and money converting a beautiful film into something we are FORCED to watch in 3D.  As a grandparent, I will have second thoughts about taking younger viewers to go see any other classics because I don't want to subject them to seeing the film destroyed since they won't wear the glasses!  In the words of my grandson..., "Oma, why didn't they just add extra scenes or something like that rather than make it 3D?  


So, again Disney?  WHY?


Okay, that's the end of my rant.  

No comments:

Post a Comment