Thursday, July 5, 2012

I'm BACK! Review of Brave

Filmomania image of Brave
As much as I love horses, had to choose this picture of
Angus from Brave. Photo from Filmomainia.
It has been a long time since I've written anything so I decided it is time to get back in the habit of posting something related to Studio Kinate and the animation industry.  So, I will begin getting back with a little something about the movie Brave.  


First, I like Brave.  It has been a long time since I've looked forward to owning a DVD/Blu-Ray, but I will look forward to owning this one.  Not just because it is "Pixar's first female lead" but because it is a good film and a great story.  Written by Brenda (Chapman) (I don't know why she wasn't able to finish directing the film), I feel as a mother--with a daughter--I could relate to the mother/daughter dynamics.  It's a good family film, although parts may be too scary for preschool children. 


I thought the visuals were stunning and really take you into Merida's world. I loved all the colors and textures. I've never been to Scotland but it is on my bucket list!  I thought the storytelling was strong and comedy was appropriate and helped breakup some of the tension.  I would suggest a tissue or two... 


If you haven't seen Brave, go.  Bring your sons; they will love the humor (and big sisters will relate to the little brothers...lol). It isn't a "chic flick" just because it is about a princess..!  


Okay, sorry I've been gone so long.  You can always check out the Studio Kinate FB page and Twitter for posting related to animation, films and related current topics.


ONWARD and UPWARD!
Char




No comments:

Post a Comment