Who is Char?

My photo

We moved to Michigan in 2014 and fell in love with the scenery and the people. In 2016, we attended a Keuring event, which is a judging venue of Friesian foals, mares, and stallions. We were awestruck. We had only admired the horses in movies and were overwhelmed by their beauty up close. As spectators, we had tons of questions about the horses and the event and found the community willing to educate us. While talking to owners we soon learned that there was a need to support them and others in the equine industry with digital marketing and video support, so we’ve made that our mission.

We both love horses, we love road trips and we’d been looking for a way to work together. Seemed like a match made in heaven. SO, here we are, pooling our talents and passion, along with friends in the creative and tech industries, ready to support those in the Equine industry, starting with our Friesian friends.


Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Building an Animation Studio: Rollup those Sleeves!

As a creative, one of the most rewarding parts of my "job" on Pete's Odyssey has been the editing. Growing up I gave up on the dream of being an animator, basically because I didn't believe I possessed the ability. But animation is more than drawing, it is about storytelling! Think about it. Whether it is on the screen or the stage , there are many parts that come together to present the story. In my roll as the editor, I was able to put my love for detail into the visual, keeping in mind the director's voice. And I'm good at that. I know the day will come when I won't always to be able to be in the edit suite but that's what's great about building a studio from the ground up. In the beginning, we all roll up our sleeves and do what ever is necessary. Hum, it's like a cup of hot cocoa on a cold snowy day..., All our "jobs" should be so rewarding. Until next time, do what you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment