Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Building an Animation Studio: Rollup those Sleeves!

As a creative, one of the most rewarding parts of my "job" on Pete's Odyssey has been the editing. Growing up I gave up on the dream of being an animator, basically because I didn't believe I possessed the ability. But animation is more than drawing, it is about storytelling! Think about it. Whether it is on the screen or the stage , there are many parts that come together to present the story. In my roll as the editor, I was able to put my love for detail into the visual, keeping in mind the director's voice. And I'm good at that. I know the day will come when I won't always to be able to be in the edit suite but that's what's great about building a studio from the ground up. In the beginning, we all roll up our sleeves and do what ever is necessary. Hum, it's like a cup of hot cocoa on a cold snowy day..., All our "jobs" should be so rewarding. Until next time, do what you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment