Sunday, December 27, 2009

2009: A time to reflect


This has been an amazing year and it all centers around Pete's Odyssey.  I've been able to work with an amazing animator, teacher and now, friend, Larry Lauria. As I watched him working with the students at Bloomfield, he was generous with his time, patient with instruction and abundant with passion. 


As for me, I've learned a great deal about focus and animation production.  So this next year, that is my intent, to be more focused.  One of the things I will be doing is to find ways to help animators get to work.  The capital is out there, I just need to find creative ways to bring it home.  Studio Kinate will move forward and I will focus on those things that bring us success.  I am going to focus on education.  I've been disheartened by those institutes who do not see that their future lies in developing students so they can get into the industry.  That is what I love about Bloomfield College, they truly have the entrepreneurial spirit and they will continue to be one of our partners in developing animators and animation. Finally, I will focus on partnering with people of like minds and passion.  I think that is what I love most about Larry.  He recently commented that Pete's Odyssey has been the most rewarding project he's worked on.  For me, it was my first and I want to repeat this experience over and over again.  They are others who have similar visions and I believe that we can build something together.  
So, as I wrap up this blog, I want to thank you who've been fans, followers and friends.  Have a wonderful new year, follow your dreams and make a difference.  Lastly, let your imagination be unlimited.  Char

No comments:

Post a Comment