Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My One Year Blog Anniversary!

Larry and I with the animators at Bloomfield College.
I was looking over my old posts and suddenly realized that one year ago yesterday I started my blog!  Wow, so much has happened!  We finished Pete's Odyssey and she started her run in the festivals!  The Washington Post ran the story about us in the Sunday Magazine.  I've connected with some amazing men and women from the industry and am making fast friends with people I've admired.  


But more than that, I've stayed connected with people who helped bring "Pete" to life.  Larry, Michelle, Sarah, Francis, Lynne, Vinny, Humera, the list goes on and on.  As for Pete's Odyssey she's awards and numerous official festival selections. She's listed in IMDB and now can be viewed online in the Animatron, the Babelgum Animation Film Festival and there's more fun and adventures ahead as Larry and I discuss her next adventures. Maybe some webisodes? online games? apps?  Stay tuned.


And it keeps getting better.  Studio Kinate has been awarded a contract with the Office of Naval Research (ONR)!  We are excited to begin the research and development of animated teaching aids for one of their research programs.  


Lastly, is the upcoming Toon Boom Workshop.  This is the FIRST workshop of its kind in the Mid Atlantic area, so we are proud to be offering this to those illustrators, artists and animators who desire to advance their skills.  I am hoping to make some more news to share about that very soon. 


So, it has been an incredible journey for us this year and it has only begun.  I can honestly say that my fears used to limit my dreams so if that is you, climb out of the box that hinders you and let your imagination be unlimited!
Char

No comments:

Post a Comment